Sunday 24 May 2015

Elle me manque

Right now,... I am missing my mother.

It is not often that I feel her absence.

But sometimes at crossroads... I do. I would have sought her counsel.

Ended up going to Sangha.

I do not often go to Sangha,..

The talk was on Sunyata..

the basic translation of which is

The Buddha taught that this is like this, because that is like that . . . and that is like that, because this is like this; this is called dependent co-arising.”

Empty Image
“It is not the river that flows, the flow is the river; and there is no riverbed – the flow is therefore empty.”
“You can’t step into the same river twice.  Why?   Because you and the river are constantly changing.   The river does not stay the same and neither do you.”
I have actually been to the place in the picture.
It is called the horseshoe bend. 


Which translates into not dwelling on the past, or the future.

And I have been doing too much of both of recent.

Que pasa lo que pasa. To more immediate matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment