Friday 21 August 2015

Money aint everything


I never will forget him
For he made me what I am 
Though he may be gone
Memory lingers on
And I miss him... the old man

And suddenly.......

My father is a rare cat.

... once upon a time,.. I had what to general perception was "a good job"
I was permanent and earned more than I do now.
But I was being asked to do things,.. which although not technically illegal... of questionable morality.

And it started to eat me,.. as I started to realise the magnitude of the consequences of what "we" were doing.

(Please note... no one make a jail as yet... although there was a public inquiry)

Anyway,.. I was renting,... and took my father to the beach one day.
And I told him... in broad terms..

That I needed to leave the job,...
cause at the end of the day...
The person you have to sleep with... is yourself.

And all my father said was
Your room is as you left it... do what you have to.

I was an adult woman.. in a managerial position.
Had six figures in savings... but knew I wanted to change my career field.

He was not obligated to take me back in.

In fact I know many parents who would have tried to help their child ease their conscience.

My father just said

Money ain't everything.




No comments:

Post a Comment