Sunday 4 October 2015

Resilence

If I was sixteen and was facing going back to school tomorrow.

Suicide would look like a viable option at the moment.

As it is,.. I am looking to see if anything was put up.
And I get why cyberbullying, so dangerous.
More dangerous than overt hostility in many ways.


I didn't think there was any lower to go.

I've been called names to my face.
Played tricks.
To the point I am uncertain as to my physical safety.

And then,.. because for the most part I have responded with silence.

They have taken my name.. and my 'avatar' identity.. with the threat to create a fake and put words in my mouth that are not mine.

Now as an adult with an identity,.. so I can go.. or they calling me .. whatever.. and say
That's not true, because I know what my identity is.

If you are sixteen years old and questioning,.. you can't do that.

School is a disproportionate part of your social life,.. or what remains of it.

I have other circles that remain untouched by this, I can retain a sense of normalcy.

And even as regards to the 'avatar' identity.. and this blog was part of the answer in anticipation to this one,..  people who know me, know me well enough that they know it is not true.
And I know them well enough to know that they will take it within context. Cause they are also adults.

As for the adult suicide case,.. his case was different.
He wasn't even out to his family,... and I don't know the extent to which he sought support from the gay family.

You have to have a few of those who know,.. what is going on.
Someone who late at night,.. you can just arrive crying and they will open their door without question and let you stay.

Cause when you live alone,.. it's not a great place to be,.. when you are going through this.
And friends who are good enough, to know when it doesn't sound right when you cancel plans.

And I am fairly certain the two people who probably saved my life..
had been there themselves,.. that's why they knew.




Let's figure out how to make sure they remember they survived their nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment