Sunday 11 October 2015

Sunday Afternoons



My best friend
Always had sweets to share,
He knew every word in the dictionary

I wish that I could be like
Wear clean clothes, talk properly like
Do sums and history like

My best friend
He could swear like a soldier
You would laugh till you died
At the stories he told y'

I wish that I could be like
Kick a ball and climb a tree like
Run around with dirty knees like


This is a story of two twins who were separated and one was raised in a lower class family (the birth family) and the other was adopted by an upper class family, the mother was the house help.

But the two boys grew together, and were drawn to each other.
Then after childhood they were separated, one went to university and the other was unemployed and ended up in prison. 


At the end, the .... " I could have been him"

Folks,.. I did joke on seeing the picture.. "Who aint dead badly wounded."

But I use laughter to cover discomfort,... an uncomfortable truth.




No comments:

Post a Comment