Monday 16 November 2015

An isolating experience

This has for me been an isolating experience.

And it is not just about not discussing your harassment with other people, and it is not done,.. not just to not scare them.

It is also because,..

1) admitting it would make it real... for some I think,.. it would be better I not.

2) Because,... we don't want to secondary traumatise anybody

http://www.nctsn.org/resources/topics/secondary-traumatic-stress

And secondly,..
I've changed.



If you'd told me this was about dignity,..months ago. I wouldn't have got it.
And now... yeah.. one word.

It's something I kept saying,.. the person who takes the pioneer role, has to be able to demonstrate appropriate behaviour under pressure. And by this I mean, tremendous insult.

And I know I can,.. continue to do so.

Trust me,.. some days I have a few choice words .. 

But they have for the most part not been uttered.

In person,.. what you may be seeing looks like practiced nonchalance.

That doesn't mean I don't hurt.

Survivors commonly comment on feeling somehow ‘different’ to their peers, as though their experiences have in some way set them apart from the rest of society.

I asked about this before


How do you know it is abuse... 

It has to do with power...

There comes a very real feeling there is no choice anymore.

And in this case there really is no choice.
It's part of the deal,.. that's just the way this place is.

So ... like many things... you learn to live with it.

And you bend... hopefully not broken completely at the end of all this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment