Sunday 5 July 2015

Rachel Price real

That was an excellent show.

She real too bad.

And she right,... we not the United States,.. and we don't live like that.

We are largely tolerant,... on all divisions of society.

It is only in the silly season, things are said out of turn.

And come Sept 8,.. we all have to live together.

In following the US model of advocacy,.. the causes of homophobia are being ignored.

That makes no sense,.. and will only cause further division.


  • Gender based violence (with the wider definition of gender norms)
  • Child abuse
  • Male rape


Identity is about self-perception,..

It is not about being removed from that which I speak,.. it is about objectively, putting forward the case that addressing the underlying issues benefit all members of society.

When senior members of an organisation, offer their support for measures in keeping with their mandate,.. it would be foolish to not entertain the offer.

Only time will tell, whether or not the offers are truly genuine. Currently we are in the courting season, and many people are saying that which advocates want to hear.

https://oabi.wordpress.com/2012/04/29/the-history-of-o-a-b-i-are-you-a-history-maker/

When I hear of persons taking their own lives because of being bullied and attacked I could no longer study myself I had to get involved, when families will call crying and asking for help because their relative was raped but begging me to keep that deadly secret I had no other choice but to get involved and fight even if I was the only one fighting I had made up my mind that silence was no longer an option for me.

Cause the reality is,.. I've been hearing these stories for years...

So when the opportunity arises,.. for me to actually speak,.. in a forum  that might just count enough to influence the way these matter are dealt with.

It would be the greatest disservice for me to not do so, even if there is some personal risk to myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment