Friday 24 April 2015

Mourning together

Funerals are supposed to be a celebration of the life that was lived...
in all its complexity.

I have heard too many stories,.. of the gays standing at the back of the 'house of worship' and not being offered to sit or acknowledged by families.

The reality is my entire family knows...

There is to be one service and one reception.

And although in general,.. I too am very discrete around my family,.. and they are not accustomed.
You have my assurance that you will be welcomed.

There is no sphere of my life where I think at this junction.. going forward.. where I will not acknowledge an acquaintance.

I'm not getting any younger. And society is changing. We are not quite at acceptance.
But I do hope to help engender tolerance,.. where ever I go, among whoever I meet.

Here's to a life well lived.



No comments:

Post a Comment