Sunday 13 September 2015

Gender norms

OK, PNM win... so new regime.

Low and behold... one of my allies has turned on me.

That hurt cause I have been personally coaching her for almost two months.

I happen to think I am a decent judge of character.

But she has turned and called me names... to my face!

I was stunned,... completely stunned.

And the name is gender neutral,... I've seen it used with gay men.

But my response,... has to be AS A WOMAN.

Cause the last time I checked, a lesbian is no  less of a woman.

OK, it is true,.. I have not been conforming to gender norms as regards to my outward appearance.

And she takes great care in hers,.. And some of the others,...

What they find most threatening, is that I do not conform when they spend so much effort trying to.

The most peer pressure I have gotten is from OTHER WOMEN!

.. along the lines ... you better had or else.

Men, haven't told me anything... they just looking on.

And I have a feeling, they will only get involved on the encouragement of A WOMAN.

So it is other women, who leading the charge to ostracise me.

Conflict among women, usually stays verbal. And I have as yet to have given a response.

But the non-verbal response coming.

Cause when I walk into the office tomorrow... without a word.

There will be no doubt I AM ALL WOMAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment