Wednesday 11 March 2015

why bother to stay, why not just leave.

I used to live in foreign.

And whilst yes, I was out in all aspects.

You have to deal with the cold, the racism, the accent thing.

There are freedoms yes, but there also other restrictions in order to fit in.

And some winter whilst you spend too much time listening to


You might actually long for your island... Homophobia or no.

Your family,.. and in some ways.. because of my family (and their acceptance) greater financial security.

One of my friends in foreign told me when I was deciding if to return.

"If you leave for a better life,.. you will have to fight for that life whereever you go
In this life, to live is to fight
But sometimes, you do get to pick your battlefield."

As a result of coming home... and it is still home,... despite.

I have had days when we went for a long lunch for an office birthday and it was a shark and bake up in Maracas... 

I have sunshine, and can visit the beach weekly.

I have my family.

I have doubles for breakfast.

I can talk as fast as I want, and no one goes I cannot understand you.

I can talk with my hands... and use "de mark buss" in my everyday language.

I have my plants,.. I'm into plants and like our tropical varieties.


So whilst I do wish for the wider scene

The dance classes,.. and just settling into a bar after work and watching the eye candy.
While I miss stand up comedy.. .



I happen to think our comedy is crude in some ways.

Overall life is about balance.

That said, I wont promise I wont leave in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment